Sweet Hambone Soup. Great recipe for Sweet Hambone Soup. When I make a soup, I am one of those toss it in kind of people. So, this recipe is a very close approximation of ingredients.
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat; whisk flour into butter using a fork. How to make this creamy Ham Bone Soup. This Ham Bone Soup has a few more steps than those "chuck it all in the slow cooker" soups – but the extra steps are worth it: Slow cook dried beans with aromatics and the ham bone – the ham bone flavours the water to create the soup broth, the ham meat becomes "fall apart tender" and the beans. You can have Sweet Hambone Soup using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Hambone Soup
- You need 5 of Strips Of Thick Smoked Bacon.
- You need 2 of Garlic Cloves, Minced.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chopped Onion.
- Prepare 10 cup of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 2 can of Crushed Tomatoes, Juice and All.
- It’s 1 1/4 lb of Meaty Ham Bone.
- You need 1 of A Few Big Squirts Of Ketchup.
- It’s 3 cup of Canned Cannellini Beans, Drained and Rinsed.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chopped Ham (saved from your holiday ham).
- You need 2 cup of Chopped Carrots.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chopped Celery.
- It’s 2 cup of Cubed Potatoes.
- It’s 2 cup of Cabbage, Chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of Brown Sugar, Adding a bit at a time to reach desired sweetness.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Ginger Powder.
- You need 1/2 of tsp. Dried Mustard.
- You need 2 of tsp. salt.
- It’s 1 of Ground Black Pepper To Taste.
- Prepare 1 of Noodles Of Choice.
Float the ham bone and drained, soaked beans into the liquid. Stir in the chili powder and garlic powder and seasoning packet. Bring to bubbling, then reduce heat to medium and cook for an hour and a half, or until all beans are tender. Dissolve the bouillon cubes in water, and pour into the slow cooker.
Sweet Hambone Soup step by step
- Heat a large stock pot on stove. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels..
- Add onions and garlic to pot. Saute about 5 minutes..
- Add remaining ingredients, including chopped up bacon. Bring to boil. Then turn down to simmer about 2-4 hours..
- Remove bone before serving. Serve with your favorite noodles (I used small shells) and a nice crusty bread! Enjoy!.
Leftover Ham Bone Soup with Potatoes and Cabbage. If you're making a big bone-in ham for the holidays this year, don't throw away the leftover ham bone once all the meat's been cut off. It's a key ingredient in this soup that adds instant flavor with minimal effort! Add ham bone, beans, bay leaf, and thyme to the pot. Senate Bean Soup My version of the famous ham and bean soup, made with a ham bone stock and a mixture of veggies and Navy pea beans, based on the one served at the U.