Zuppa Toscana Soup. If you love the Zuppa Toscana at your local chain Italian restaurant, you will adore this soup. The rich soup is made with Italian sausage, potatoes, cream, and crushed red pepper. Zuppa Toscana is a vegetable and bean soup made with kale, zucchini, cannellini beans, potatoes and tomatoes, plus celery, carrots and onion.
One Pot Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup! Loaded with bacon, sausage, potatoes, and kale! So delicious and filling, the whole family will love this soup! You can have Zuppa Toscana Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zuppa Toscana Soup
- It’s 1 lb of ground mild Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 4 slices of thick bacon, chopped.
- You need 6 cups of water.
- It’s 6 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s To taste of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 3 of large russet potatoes, cubed.
- You need 1 bunch of curly kale, chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/4 of freshly grated Parmesan, for garnish.
- It’s of Red pepper flakes (optional).
Don't forget the dinner rolls or crescent rolls to serve alongside this delicious soup! How to Make Zuppa Toscana Soup. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook sausage, stirring occasionally until cooked through.
Zuppa Toscana Soup instructions
- Over medium-high heat, cook sausage 3-5 minutes. Add in diced onions and finish cooking till meat is cooked through. Drain excess oil, if any.
- Cook bacon in a separate pan and crumble into small pieces.
- Add in water, bouillons, potatoes, garlic, salt and pepper to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 10-15 minutes with lid on..
- Stir occasionally. Then add kale and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes longer. Stir in half and half and warm through.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!.
Drain sausage onto a plate or baking dish lined with paper towels, set sausage aside. So, "zuppa" means soup in Italian. "Toscana" refers to the Tuscany region of Italy. Therefore, "Zuppa Toscana" translates to "Tuscan soup" or "Tuscan-style soup." Traditionally, this soup is made with lots of veggies, beans, potatoes, olive oil, spices, Italian bacon, and Tuscan bread (it kind of reminds me of a minestrone). Transfer to a plate to drain. Add onion to pot and let.