Moroccan Tomato Chickpea Soup. This filling soup is healthy and packed with the flavours of North Africa: harissa, ginger, lemon and coriander, from BBC Good Food. Pour in the tomatoes and stock and give everything a good stir. Harira is a traditional Moroccan soup of tomato, lentils and chickpeas.
This satisfying vegetarian Moroccan soup with pumpkin and chickpeas is fragrant with Moroccan spices of saffron, ginger, cinnamon, and Ras El Hanout. This Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe is naturally vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free, it's super easy to make, and it's full of so many rich and delicious flavors. Add in the vegetable stock, chickpeas, tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin, cinnamon, and red pepper flakes, and bring to a simmer. You can have Moroccan Tomato Chickpea Soup using 15 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moroccan Tomato Chickpea Soup
- It’s 2 of large ripe tomatoes/150 grams cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of large white onion chopped finely.
- Prepare Handful of freshly chopped coriander/parsley leaves.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 150 grams of chickpeas.
- You need 1 teaspoon of freshly crushed black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of teaspoon/less red chilli flakes.
- It’s handful of freshly chopped kale/baby spinach leaves.
- You need 4 cups of Vegetable stock.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoon of thick tomato puree.
- It’s 1 of small carrot peeled and sliced fine.
- You need 2 tablespoon of cornflour(optional).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1.5 teaspoon of grated ginger.
- You need 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
If you have make homemade tomato soup you might be one of those people that adds milk or cream to give it a creamy texture. Today's Moroccan Tomato Couscous Chickpea Soup uses Silk Unsweetened Soymilk as a swap for milk and not only helps give it a creamy texture but also adds in. Nothing makes me happier than tomato season. No matter what else I make over the course of a given week, I almost always prepare a stew.
Moroccan Tomato Chickpea Soup instructions
- Soak the Chikpeas overnight. boil it until tender the next day (you can skip this step if using canned peas).
- Rinse thoroughly and chop the tomatoes fine.
- Chop the kale/spinach leaves if desired.
- Strain the water from the chickpeas once boiled.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom saucepan.
- Add the garlic, ginger and carrot.
- On Low heat sauté until the garlic change colour.
- Add the boiled chickpeas, tomatoes and onion.
- Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée,salt. mix well.
- Add the vegetable stock now and let it come to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook covered.
- Make a slurry of cornflour and 2 tablespoon water.
- Once the carrot is softened and the soup reduced a bit, stir in the cornflour slurry(optional).
- Mix well and let the soup simmer until thick.
- Lastly add the kale/spinach leaves and the seasonings.
- Mix well and let the soup simmer for a while before turning off the heat.
- That’s it! our chickpea tomato soup is ready to be served.
- Divide the soup in serving bowls, garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy while warm with breads of your choice..
- Bon Apetit!.
- Tip:cornflour is used to thicken the soup a bit. If you like a liquidy/watery consistency, skip using cornflour.
I interpret "stew" pretty loosely: it could be a thick soup, a chili, or curried vegetables. View top rated Moroccan tomato and chickpea soup recipes with ratings and reviews. And Chickpea Soup (Azokod Abour Armenian Turkis lrg Tomatoes, blanched, peeled and minced. Season with salt and fresh pepper. What makes Moroccan Chickpea Soup healthy?