Thai Coconut Chicken Soup. Coconut milk tames the heat and combines deliciously with shredded chicken breast in Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup. Add Chicken Stock, coconut milk, fish sauce, and sugar; bring to a simmer. This recipe uses a lot of ingredients common in Thai cooking to make a delicious and spicy soup featuring shrimp and shiitake mushrooms in a coconut milk flavored broth.
This Thai Coconut Chicken Soup is no exception. By steeping lemongrass and ginger in the broth, which is the base of the soup, you'll release their oils and gain great health benefits. You'll get the same properties you get from lemongrass essential oil. You can have Thai Coconut Chicken Soup using 20 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken boiled and shredded.
- Prepare 1 of capsicum sliced.
- Prepare 5-6 of beans chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of green peas.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded cabbage.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of spring onions chopped.
- It’s 5-6 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ginger grated or paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- You need 1 tsp of mixed herbs.
- It’s 4-5 of dry lemon grass stalks broken to pieces.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coriander chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 2 tsp of soya sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of green chilli sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of thick coconut cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornflour.
- You need 1 tbsp of refined oil.
It flushes harmful toxins out of your body, helps with. This authentic recipe for Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Chicken Soup) is full of amazing flavor and can be made quickly and easily on the stovetop or in an Instant Pot pressure cooker. So don't make the soup, until you have time to go to the Asian Market. Trust me. 😉. "The soup part was very tasty but it made the chicken bits seem flavorless.
Thai Coconut Chicken Soup instructions
- Boil chicken pieces with little salt and 1 cup water.Shred the pieces and reserve stock.Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and stir fry minced garlic to light golden brown.Add shredded ginger and toss.Add chopped vegetables and chicken stock alongwith the shredded chicken.Add 1.5 cups water and boil.Add mixed herbs,lemon grass,soya sauce,chilli sauce,salt and black pepper.Add the coconut milk and boil.Make a slurry of cornflour and add it to the soup.Sprinkle lemon juice..
- Remove the lemon grass stalks before serving.Garnish with fresh chopped coriander and thick coconut cream.Serve piping hot coconut chicken soup as an appetiser or with noodles as a full meal..
I highly suggest seasoning your chicken before adding it to this dish. Creamy and flavorful, our Easy Thai Coconut Soup is the recipe you've been looking for. Ladle the soup into a soup tureen or individual serving bowls. Be careful to avoid chewing the lemongrass, ginger or lime leaves. My latest obsession in life is all things curry.