Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic. Use Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Simple and Delectable Meal Plans. Find recipes for fried chicken, chicken breast, grilled chicken, chicken wings, and more! The chicken (Gallus gallus domesticus) is a type of domesticated fowl, a subspecies of the red junglefowl (Gallus gallus).
Chicken recipes are a family-favorite any time of year. Jazz up this supper staple with flavorful recipes for roasted, baked, and fried chicken as well as chicken casserole, soup, salad, wings, pasta and more. Chicken piccata is usually made using sliced chicken breasts, but we find chicken "thigh-ccata" to be even more richly savory and flavorful. You can cook Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic
- It’s 1 Tablespoons of olive or vegetable oil.
- You need 3-4 of medium carrots peeled and cut into roughly 1/4" thick discs.
- You need 1 of medium white or yellow onion, peeled and chopped.
- You need 1-2 of large stems of celery (depending on how much you like celery flavor), chopped.
- You need of the white part of one leek, well washed and julienned.
- Prepare 8-10 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 teaspoon of thyme.
- It’s 2.5 pounds of bone-in chicken pieces, skin removed (you'll want at least half dark meat for fat and flavor).
- Prepare 10 cups of water.
- Prepare 1.5 Tablespoons of salt to start.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 cup of uncooked Jasmine rice.
This super speedy version is perfect for an easy, awesome weeknight meal. Serve these chicken thighs with all of the delicious lemon-caper sauce over angel hair pasta. Chock-full of chicken, potatoes, peas and corn, this recipe makes two golden pies, so you can serve one at supper and save the other for a busy night. This is the best chicken potpie recipe to have on hand when company comes over. —Karen Johnson, Bakersfield, California Chicken Tetrazzini combines cooked vermicelli, chicken, and mushrooms with a rich sherry-Parmesan cheese sauce.
Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic instructions
- In a large pot, heat the oil to medium high. Add carrots, onions, celery, leeks, and garlic, and sauté about 4 minutes, or until onions begin to turn translucent..
- Add thyme, bay leaves, chicken, and water..
- Add salt and parsley and give it a few gentle stirs..
- Turn heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- After 20 minutes, add Jasmine rice, turn heat to medium low and simmer, covered, for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. If seasoning is to your liking, you can turn off the heat. If you need to adjust seasoning, adjust then simmer for another 5 minutes..
- That's it! Enjoy (and feel better!). :).
The mixture is sprinkled with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and baked until bubbly and golden. This is a great way to use leftover cooked chicken. Parmesan is full of flavor, so a little goes a long way. Choose your KFC chicken: original recipe, extra crispy, Kentucky grilled chicken, extra crispy tenders, hot wings and popcorn nuggets. A delicious, classic chicken dish — lightly coated chicken breasts braised with Marsala wine and mushrooms.