Voula's Vegetable Avgolemono Soup (Greek Veggie Egg-Lemon Soup). When we mention Greek egg and lemon soup, it turns heads. Commonly added to soups for thickening, the sauce is used to dress up everything from roasted vegetables to fish dishes. Here, avgolemono thickens what would otherwise be a pretty standard chicken and orzo soup, making it a.
Chicken soup avgolemono is perhaps the most iconic of all Greek soups. The soup is thickened with eggs Click Play to See This Avgolemono (Greek Lemon Chicken Soup) Recipe Come Together. Remove the chicken and vegetables to a bowl and carefully strain the broth through a fine sieve into. You can cook Voula's Vegetable Avgolemono Soup (Greek Veggie Egg-Lemon Soup) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Voula's Vegetable Avgolemono Soup (Greek Veggie Egg-Lemon Soup)
- You need 3 of carrots.
- It’s 2 of large potatos.
- It’s 4 stick of celery.
- Prepare 1 of fennel.
- You need 2 of zucchini.
- Prepare 1 of leek.
- It’s 1 of orzo.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of juice of lemon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1 of dill.
- It’s of oregano.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 of bouillon cubes.
This avgolemono soup recipe can be made using chicken, beef or vegetable stock and you can also substitute orzo instead of rice. ** Best Avgolemono – Greek Egg and Lemon Soup. Avgolemono ("egg-lemon") is a Greek mixture of eggs and lemon, used to thicken soups and sauces while adding a punch of bright citrus flavor. In the United States, the word is practically synonymous with this tangy and creamy chicken soup in which the avgolemono is used. The Avgolemoni soup or avgolemono soup took its name from the main ingredients that are egg and lemon. (avgo = egg and lemoni = lemon) Avgolemono, avgolémono (from Greek You can alternatively make egg and lemon soup with vegetable broth and enrich it with various vegetables.
Voula's Vegetable Avgolemono Soup (Greek Veggie Egg-Lemon Soup) step by step
- Clean, peel and chop all vegetables. Add to large pot of boiling water with bouillon cubes. I used chicken bouillon, but of course you can use actual broth or vegetable bouillon/broth..
- Bring vegetables to boil and then add orzo. Add salt, pepper, oregano, dill and parsley. Boil till orzo is ready.
- When orzo is ready, lower heat. Squeeze lemon juice and set aside. Separate egg yolk from the white. In a bowl whisk egg white till frothy. Add yolk in next and continue to beat. Then add in lemon juice and beat more..
- This is the important step! We don't want any curdling so be careful. After you whisk together the egg – lemon sauce, gradually add in about five tablespoons of the soup into bowl and continue to beat. Then pour in the egg lemon mixture and stir gently to distribute it into the soup. It will be frothy on top and as your stir it will take on a nice color and thicken. Make sure not to let the soup boil..
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. This Greek Avgolemono Vegetable Soup is a real crowd-pleaser and super simple to make! I could literally live off nothing more than soup for the rest of my life and be happy. Avgolemono (Greek Egg and Lemon Soup). The name of this classic soup comes from its two main ingredients: egg (avgo)and lemon juice (lemoni).