Corned Beef and Veggies in Broth : Modern Nilaga Soup – Canned Goods Leveled Up #lockdown.
You can have Corned Beef and Veggies in Broth : Modern Nilaga Soup – Canned Goods Leveled Up #lockdown using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Corned Beef and Veggies in Broth : Modern Nilaga Soup – Canned Goods Leveled Up #lockdown
- It’s of Your favorite canned corned beef (or the fresh meat kind).
- You need of Mixed Veggies.
- It’s 1-2 of red onions, sliced.
- You need 1/2 of garlic head, choped coarsely.
- Prepare 2 T of Cooking oil.
- It’s 1 of beef billion broth cube.
- Prepare Dash of peppercorns.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 of bay / laurel leaf (optional).
- Prepare 1-2 L of water.
Corned Beef and Veggies in Broth : Modern Nilaga Soup – Canned Goods Leveled Up #lockdown step by step
- If you're using the fresh corned beef, boil in water first until tender. Saute in a pot the garlic and onions. Add water and the fresh beef. Season with salt, peppercorns, bay leaf, beef broth cube. SKIP THIS IF USING CANNED BEEF..
- If using canned version, start with sauteeing garlic and onions in oil in a pan. Add the canned corned beef, including the solid fat bits you see in it (that makes it tasty!). My favorite is the Delimondo brand atm. More expensive than the other local kinds but you can be sure it's 100% beef. Delicious too..
- Transfer to a pot and add water. Season with salt, peppercorns, bay leaf, beef broth cube. This is a soup dish so you can add water depending on how much soup you want. Just taste and season or add more broth cube..
- Drop in your mixed veggies, hard vegetables first and bring to a boil. Add the leafy veggies last as it cooks quickly. The traditional "Nilaga" vegetables include potatoes, cabbage, napa cabbage, pechay or bokchoy, carrots and green beans. I suppose u can try spinach too. Taste and season if needed. (unpeeled but brushed potatoes, it's my thing, LOL, not very cheffy but I want the nutrients in it)..
- Serve while hot. Perfect for cold nights/days. Here we eat it year round, on hot and hotter days LOL. Below is a variation with beef shank marrow and noodles..